This page accompanies the workshop 'Advanced topics in R: An Introduction to Linear Mixed-Effects Models'. See below for learning materials, including the Chapter 'Linear Mixed-Effects Models', the Solutions to exercises, and the datasets used throughout the chapter.
- The manual to the R course (which can be accessed via this direct link) includes a chapter on Linear models - lots of content there is useful as general background.
- A blog post from Remko that describes how one can calculate bootstrapped confidence intervals on predictions from mixed-effects models and have these included in visreg output.
Tutorial text and Solutions to exercises
- PREF canopy data (prefdata.csv)
- Mouse metabolic rate data (wildmousemetabolism.csv)
- Litter decomposition data (masslost.csv)
- HFE fertilisation and irrigation tree data (HFEIFbytree.csv)
- Leaf gas exchange at the EucFACE (eucface_gasexchange.csv)
- Groundcover data at the EucFACE (eucfaceGC.csv)
- Seed germination fire experiment data (germination_fire.csv)
- Seed germination water experiment data (germination_water.csv)