This page accompanies the workshop 'Advanced topics in R: Ecological Analysis of Microbial Communities'. See below for learning materials, including the Chapter 'Ecological Analysis of Microbial Communities', the datasets used throughout the workshop and some additional scripts.
- The manual to the R course (which can be accessed via this direct link) - lots of content there is useful as general background.
- CRAN Task Views (collections of relevant packages): Multivariate, Environmetrics, Spatial.
- Ordination Methods for Ecologists
- Guide to Statistical Analysis in Microbial Ecology
- Chapter 1 - Data preparation.
- Chapter 2 - Alpha diversity.
- Chapter 3 - Beta diversity (ordination).
- Chapter 4 - Beta diversity (drivers of data structure).
- Zipped folder containing the data used in the tutorial (Fungal communities in the Nutrient Network experiment)