This page accompanies the workshop 'Advanced Plotting in R'. See below for learning materials, the Solutions to exercises, and the datasets used throughout the chapter.
- The manual to the R course (which can be accessed via this direct link) includes a chapter on basic plotting skills.
- A collection of diagrams illustrating plotting regions in R (margins, outer margins, etc.), as well as several other advanced plotting examples (by Paul Murrell).
Tutorial text and Solutions to exercises
- Tutorial page with many advanced plotting examples.
- The manual to the R course (which can be accessed via this direct link) includes a chapter on 'Basic Plotting' - lots of content there is useful as general background.
- Coweeta tree data (coweeta.csv)
- Spore colour data (sporecolour.csv)
- HFE met data for 2008 (HFEmet2008.csv)
- Dutch election data (dutchelection.csv)
- Berkeley graduate school admissions data for 1973 (berkeley.csv)
- Titanic passenger data (titanic.txt)
- Pupae data (pupae.csv)
- EucFACE gas exchange data (eucface_gasexchange.csv)
- Images (zipped JPEGS) for plotting examples in 'Adding images to a plot'.